Terms and Conditions
DAY TRIPS IN THE PROVINCE OF CADIZ
Unless otherwise specified in itinerary details, all half and full day trips include:
- A private, bilingual bird guide
- Private transportation for duration of the trip
- A fully customized itinerary based on client interests
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Tarifa and nearby areas. We regularly pick up and drop off participants as far as Vejer and Gibraltar, for instance. For longer-distance pick-ups we charge a total extra fee of 50€.
- All Nature Reserves entrance fees and permits.
- A list of all birds seen emailed to you or shared via eBird.
- Accidents Insurance and liability.
Unless otherwise specified in individual tour itinerary details or specific tour information, all travel packages include the following:
- Pick-up at the airport in the city chosen as the starting point for the trip. If you are in another part of town on the day of the pick-up, please inform us and we will make every effort to pick you up wherever you are. If for any reason this is not possible, you will need to find your own way to the hotel where the group will be staying.
- Welcome package with itinerary, travel information and checklist of the birds of the region.
- All transportation, including travel in our own vehicles; train, bus, or airplane; or any other means of transportation that we will use during the course of the trip.
- Accommodation starting on the first day of the trip until the morning of the last day of the tour.
- The price provided on the website, unless otherwise specified, is for a shared double room.
- The cost of the single supplement is outlined on our website and will be applied if you opt for a single accommodation.
- If your prefer to share a room but we are unable to find you a roommate despite you’ll need to cover the single supplement. Rest assured, we’ll do our best to match you with a roommate if you’re interested in sharing accommodations.
- Full board from dinner on the first day of the tour to breakfast on the last day of the tour. Sometimes breakfast or lunch may consist of a packed meal in order to spend as much time as possible in the field.
The trip itinerary will be restricted to that published on the website and the information provided to the client. However, it is subject to last minute changes if the guide or the directors of Birding The Strait believe that these changes are necessary due to unforeseen circumstances or for the benefit of the trip and clients.
Generally, unless otherwise specified, the official start and end time of the trip is 12 noon. In some cases, we will ask participants to try to be at the meeting point before that time. Normally, we will try to make our return flights no earlier than 2:00 p.m.
The following is not included in your payment:
- Round-trip ticket from your hometown to the starting location of the tour
- Personal trip insurance
- Extra Drinks/alcoholic beverages
- Personal items, toiletries and medicines
- Any visa requirements for entering into the country
- Any immunizations recommended for travel to certain countries
- Tips for Birding The Strait guides/tour leaders
The customer is responsible for acquiring his or her own travel health insurance. The purchase of this insurance is mandatory for participation in any Birding The Strait tour and must be confirmed before the start of the tour. We recommend also purchasing trip insurance that includes payment refunds in case you have to cancel the trip due to sickness or other major events.
Reservation and Payment
Once we receive your reservation form we will contact you immediately to confirm your reservation. At that time, a deposit of 500€ will be required for us to secure your booking. We require that the remaining balance be paid to Birding The Strait at least 90 days prior to the start of the scheduled trip if the tour is already a confirmed departure. If payment has not been made within the allotted time, we will be forced to cancel the reservation and the deposit will not be refundable. However, you will have the option to use the deposit with Birding The Strait within twelve months of the cancellation.
If booking a tour with less than 90 days before the start of the trip and places are still available, we will ask the customer to pay the total cost of travel when booking a tour.
If for any reason Birding The Strait is forced to cancel the tour you have registered for, the client will be refunded the full amount as of the cancellation date.
If the client cancels the reservation 90 days or more before the start of the trip, all the money – less the deposit – will be refunded. If cancellation occurs between 89 and 61 days remaining prior to the tour start date, 50% of the total trip cost – less the deposit – will be refunded. Customers will not be entitled to any refund if the cancellation occurs 60 days or less prior to the tour start date.
If at any time you have questions about our trips, payments, or other related topics please feel free to call us at +34 699 470 467 ; +34 669 104 869, or contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.